Cooked, Inc. is a culinary education program that is unlike any other. It is designed for people who already feel fairly comfortable in their kitchens but want additional skills to raise their cooking game several levels.
- The course is designed to last 16 weeks, for 3 hours each week
- The classes take place in your home kitchen because this is where you cook
- There is one chef/instructor who has over 30 years of experience in some of the finest restaurants in the USA.
- The courses are down and dirty, which is to say you will be cooking and learning right next to the chef
- You may invite up to 4 friends to each class to spread the knowledge around and help defray the costs
- You will eat. You will get the recipes. You will, in fact, help develop some recipes and we will write them professionally (yes, that is a thing)
- You pick out a 3 hour block of time that works for you. As time goes on and more students are added these choices will decrease. Basically you pick a day of the week and an afternoon or evening (if you need to miss a week we can reschedule the class)
- The immersive, hands-on approach yields the best results for the student
- We will talk about beverage pairings
- You will learn how to cook without recipes
- We have several instruction modules available so that you learn the things you want and not the things you don’t
As I noted before this program is entirely customizable so you can learn the things you want, but there are modules that I feel must be included to insure the success of your program. These include:
- How to shop like a chef
- Pantry basics
- How to sharpen and use your knives
- Food sanitation and food science
- Discussions of different cooking techniques
- Seasonality (why would you want to use a tomato in January?)
At the end of the program you will have significantly raised your skill level in such a way that you will be able to continue to do so on you own.
The cost of the program is not inexpensive but compared to annual tuition (not including any other fees) at the Culinary Institute of America it is a drop in the bucket.
If this sounds interesting to you please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and discuss your culinary needs. I think you will have fun when you learn how to cook!